- Floor mats, carpets, fabric seats and boot area vacuumed and shampooed
- Leather seats cleaned and conditioned
- Dash surfaces and interior plastics cleaned to remove dust
- Insides of windows cleaned
- Entire vehicle exterior pre-washed, washed, rinsed.
- Tar spots removed from paintwork, rinsed again and dried
- Wheels cleaned
- Polished by machine to reduce scratching and swirling, and then waxed to add protection
- Tyres and trim dressed to restore their appearance
- Exterior windows treated with glass polish
We were contacted by a new customer in Middlezoy, near Bridgwater, to carry out a Full Valet on their 2007 Audi A4. This was the vehicle on our arrival:
We were booked to carry out a Full Valet. Normally we would polish by hand. However the level of scratches and swirls meant that we had to machine polish to get the finish anywhere near where we wanted it to be.
So we carried out the following:
This resulted in the vehicle looking much fresher, as these pictures show:
We recently donated a Mini Valet as a prize for a charity open weekend held by Castle Veterinary Practice in Bridgwater, Somerset.
The winner contacted us, and it was arranged to carry out the valeting at their place of work. The vehicle was a 54-plate Mercedes-Benz ML270CDI, and this was the vehicle when we arrived:
So we carried out a Mini Valet as follows:
• Entire vehicle exterior pre-washed, washed, rinsed and dried.
• Wheels cleaned
• In this case tar spots removed, not normally part of a Mini Valet
• Polished by hand with a pre-wax cleaner to enhance finish, then topped with a titanium sealant to add some protection
• Tyres and trim dressed to restore their appearance
• Interior vacuumed and dash cleaned
• Windows cleaned inside and out
This resulted in the vehicle looking much better as follows:
Selected car valeting and detailing information from Chris Claydon, Owner of Shine My Ride
More in depth detailing write ups can be found on the UK Detailers & Valeters Car Detailing Forum.